Friday, June 25, 2010

Getting Started

Hello Readers,

I am a 5th grade literacy teacher, and I am interested in knowing what great books you are reading. I stumbled into the world of blogging because I wanted to comment on another blog. I have decided to try my hand at it, and I hope to share the experience with my students in the upcoming school year. If you are a reader and would like to share what books you have just finished (or are still reading), or you are a seasoned blogger and would like to share tips, please post a comment. I would love to hear from you.

Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting--thanks, Shelly! Just what book lovers need--a platform!

    My first read "grown-up" read of the summer was Stieg Larsson's "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" trilogy--phenomenal! The first book sets up all the conflict (some of which is pretty tough to read--abuse, etc), and the last two books resolve it. Lisbeth Salander is a computer hacker, background researcher for a sercurity firm, genius. She's lived a pretty tough life and is coming to terms with it. The abuse in her life reveals a national scandal of epic proportions--think the Bourne movies but with more depth. The characters, the plot, and the talent in the writing make these books ones not to miss. They were SO GOOD that I haven't been able to find a book to read since--they set the bar that high!

    I can't wait to hear what everyone else is reading so I can add them to my pile! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete